28th Mar 2022
We’re thrilled to announce the next leg of our bi-annual short story competition! Samantha has sadly had to take a step back from running the competition, but we’re still keen to include Writer’s Island members!
Our goal has always been to give readers more of a say on the kinds of content we provide. Shortlisted entries will be uploaded onto our site, and YOU will get to choose the winner! We’re switching things up a bit this time – the top 3 most voted stories will be included in our anthology.
To enter and/or vote, you need to be a member of our Rogue Reader group. If you haven’t joined already, you should! We’re a community of writers and readers. We run activities, share stories and give feedback.
The top 3 stories will receive
– A place on the Rogue Animal Books website
– Publication in our anthology.
The top voted story also gets:
– £50 amazon gift card
1) Must be a member of the Rogue Reader Facebook group to participate. All submissions will be cross-checked to be sure the author is a member.
2) Your story should encompass the theme of ‘Spring’.
3) Word Count for your story should be between 3,000-4,000 words.
4) All submissions must be emailed by May 5th, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please include a document with your story in the email. Proper format for submissions is = Times New Roman font, size 12, double spaced.
– Subject Line of Email: Rogue-Island/Your Name
– In the body of the email please include: Title of the story, Your preferred author name, word count. No pictures, please.
Back to Blog