Send us your novel, graphic novel, comic, manga, one shot or short story; as long as your work is of good standard, it will be uploaded. To send us work, create an account and click the ‘Upload’ button on the top right of your screen. You can either send a sample, a complete work, or you can upload in instalments (we will need proof that you will finish project, we only accept one update each week). Alongside your work we will need a book cover and a brief one paragraph synopsis.
Note: We will not be able to provide cover illustrations. more information can be found in the FAQ. Once work is submitted, there will be a review process, this could take between one and three days, depending on demand. We only accept six works each week. We value quality over quantity. If we have reached the maximum number of submissions for the week, your work will be considered the following week. Every new book on the site is given at least a week on the homepage, so every story has a chance to shine.
Please only send a complete book if that is what you intend to be hosted on the site.
Due to more mature content on the site, we are currently unable to accept Children’s Books.
What is meant by a good standard?
We’re looking for work that has evidence of an author that is committed to their work; it should be professionally put together (this should include a professional book cover for novels), with a clear plot running throughout. It should be well written and there should be no spelling errors.
We recommend including your book cover at the beginning of your PDF document, as well as sending it separately (This goes for comic PDFs too).
- Reads well – the text should be placed in a way that doesn’t confuse the reader on where to read next.
- Nice font. – Font that makes the work look professional and easy to read.
- Long term commitment. – We value commitment and passion. This should be clear in your work.
- Good Book covers. – people judge books by covers, make it amazing.
- Good storytelling is key. – Have an end goal, writing the script before starting drawing always helps.
- Decent artwork helps to sell the book.- but we accept people who show evidence of the above.
- For books the file must contain no less than 15 pages, for comics no less than 10 (we prefer a minimum of 15 for both).
- Please give your book or comic a title, description / synopsis, genre and a cover image.
- The cover image is to be 575px wide by 820px high; it can be larger as long as those proportions remain the same, but it must not be smaller.
- Your comic images must all be the same size: 947px wide by 1342px high. Again, they can be larger as long as the required proportions remain the same, but they must not be smaller.
- Please name your comic images by their page numbers.
- Please ensure that all images are jpg format and keep your PDF under 25mb
If you’re updating your story, please submit the full file with any new additions included. You don’t need to resend the synopsis.
We are currently in our infancy, but we hope one day to establish Rogue Animal as a publishing house. We intend to publish books that get the most hits and favourable reviews. Please note that we do not have any right or ownership of your work once on Rogue Animal Books, you may email us anytime to take it down.
Note: We will not be able to provide cover illustrations. We update every Friday, more information can be found in the FAQ. WE ONLY ACCEPT FOUR WORKS PER WEEK. WE VALUE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. If we have reached the maximum number of submissions for the week, your work will be considered the following week.
Note for Comic authors: If you’re uploading your comic using a series of images, please provide page numbers for each page (either on the document itself or through file names). If you don’t include page numbers we won’t know what order your comic goes in.
How an image upload will look:
How a PDF upload will look:
Here’s how to create a PDF file: https://www.wikihow.com/Create-PDF-Files
Here’s how to compress a PDF file: https://www.wikihow.com/Compress-a-PDF-File
You can make the pdf smaller by heading to this site that we use. https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf
Here’s how to compress images: https://tinypng.com/