Welcome to Rogue Animal Books!
These are the terms and conditions for:
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING, USING OR OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SERVICES AND CONTENT.
Acceptance of Terms
This agreement sets forth legally binding terms for your use of Rogue Animal Books. By using Rogue Animal Books, you agree to be bound by this agreement. If you do not accept the terms of this agreement, you should leave Rogue Animal Books website immediately. We may modify this agreement from time to time, and such modification shall be effective upon its posting on Rogue Animal Books. You agree to be bound by any modification to this agreement when you use Rogue Animal Books after any such modification is posted; it is therefore important that you review this agreement regularly.
Rogue Animal Books may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the services to any user and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the service and the platform is revoked in such jurisdictions.
You may use the website and services only if you can form a binding contract with Rogue Animal Books, and only in compliance with these terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations.
The use of this website and services for children under 13 years is prohibited and older children should be supervised and given appropriate guidance in their use of our website and services. It is the responsibility of parents and legal guardians to determine whether any of the content and/or services are appropriate for their child.
By using the services, you represent and warrant that you have the full right, power and authority to enter into this agreement and to fully perform all of your obligations hereunder. You further represent and warrant that you are under no legal disability or contractual restriction that prevents you from entering into this agreement.
Rogue Animal Books
Rogue Animal Books is a free access platform where users can read comics and eBooks and have the option of submitting their content. For more information about our website, please contact us, through our contact information, our support team will be attentive and available to answer your questions and concerns.
If you register on Rogue Animal Books, you will be required to choose a password and username, and you may be asked for additional information regarding your account, such as your e-mail address and name. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify Rogue Animal Books of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session. You may never use another user’s account without prior authorization from Rogue Animal Books. Rogue Animal Books will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Agreement.
By providing Rogue Animal Books your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the service and special offers. You can opt out of receiving emails by sending us your withdrawal request or by unsubscribing from emails with the “unsubscribe” option. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
Account Deletion and Termination
The users may terminate their accounts any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on Rogue Animal Books. That termination will only result in the deletion of the account and the deletion of all the personal data granted to Rogue Animal Books.
Rogue Animal Books reserves the right to terminate your account or your access immediately, with or without notice to you, and without liability to you, if Rogue Animal Books believes that you have breached any of these terms, furnished Rogue Animal Books with false or misleading information, or interfered with use of the platform, website or the service by others.
Rogue Animal will always accept unsolicited Manuscripts.
Send us your novel, graphic novel, comic, manga, one shot or short story; as long as your work is of good standard, it will be uploaded. To send us work, create an account and click the ‘Upload’ button on the top right of your screen. You can either send a sample, a complete work, or you can upload in instalments (we will need proof that you will finish project, we only accept one update each week). Alongside your work we will need a book cover alongside a brief one paragraph synopsis.
If you wish to remove your work from the website, contact email@example.com, and we will remove the work.
- Please give your book or comic a title, description / synopsis, genre and a cover image.
- The cover image is to be 575px wide by 820px high; it can be larger as long as those proportions remain the same, but it must not be smaller.
- Your comic images must all be the same size: 947px wide by 1342px high. Again, they can be larger as long as the required proportions remain the same, but they must not be smaller.
- Please name your comic images by their page numbers.
- Please ensure that all images are jpg format and keep your PDF under 25mb
“Third-Party Materials” means any content, images, videos, texts or other material that is owned by a third party, such as stock images, videos and texts. Such Third-Party Materials are subject to the applicable third-party terms and licenses, and may only be used as permitted by such terms and licenses.
Unless otherwise stated, as above, all content on Rogue Animal Books website is exclusive content of its owner. Please do not copy any content and pass it off as your own, as a copyright infringement will occur.
All content included on this website, other than that supplied by authors, such as text, graphics, trademarks, logos, button icons, images, video, audio clips, data compilation, and software, is the property of Rogue Animal Books, its merchants, or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Rogue Animal Books and protected by international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Rogue Animal Books or its software suppliers and protected by international copyright laws.
You have no authorization to copy, transmit, distribute, display, republish, post, or upload from our website in any way without our prior written approval, or stated otherwise on our site. You may print a copy of our site’s content strictly for personal use only. By doing so, you also consent not to directly or indirectly change or remove any copyright, trade name, service mark, trademark, or any other proprietaries shown on any of our content. Any alterations or use of content outside the guidelines of this Terms and Conditions violates intellectual property rights. By accessing our website, you do not own any rights or titles to our content or other intellectual properties.
Rogue Animal Books respects the intellectual property of others, and expects users to do the same. If you believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on or in connection with the Rogue Animal Books website infringe upon your copyright or other intellectual property right, please send the following information to:
- Identification of the intellectual property right that is allegedly infringed. All relevant registration numbers, or a statement concerning the ownership of the work, should be included.
- A statement specifically identifying the location of the infringing material, with enough detail that Rogue Animal Books may find it on the Rogue Animal Books Site. Please note: it is not sufficient to merely provide a top-level URL.
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material is not authorized by the owner of the rights, or its agents, or by law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
License to use the Platform
Rogue Animal Books gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by Rogue Animal Books as part of the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the services as provided by Rogue Animal Books, in the manner permitted by these terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
The user agrees not to use the website and the services negligently, for fraudulent purposes or in an unlawful manner. Likewise, the user agrees not to partake in any conduct or action that could damage the image, interests or rights of the Rogue Animal Books website or third parties.
Certain features of the website may permit users to submit content, which may be comprised of text, and other types of works and to publish user content on the website. You retain any Copyright that you may hold in the user content that you post to the website. Nevertheless, we need certain permission from you in order to publish the content. By providing content through the website, you grant Rogue Animal Books a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid right and license to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify for the purpose of formatting for display, and distribute your content on the website.
You agree to allow Rogue Animal Books to use any user content, either to promote or advertise the user through any social media platforms, or for the purpose of advertising Rogue Animal Books.
User Content Representations and Warranties
Rogue Animal Books disclaims any and all liability in connection with user content. You are solely responsible for your user content and the consequences of providing user content via the Service. By providing user content via the Service, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
- You are the creator and owner of the user content, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize Rogue Animal Books and users of the Service to use and distribute your user content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section, in the manner contemplated by Rogue Animal Books, the Service, and these Terms.
- Your user content, and the use of your user content as contemplated by these Terms, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (iii) cause Rogue Animal Books to violate any law or regulation.
- Your user content could not be deemed by a reasonable person to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Your user content does not and will not contain Hateful Content, a Threat of Physical Harm, or Harassment.
Accuracy and Timeliness of Information
We do not guarantee that the information available on the website is accurate, complete or updated. The content of this website is provided for entertainment purposes. Any use of the material provided on this website is at your own risk.
The content and information available on the website (including, but not limited to, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, video, maps, icons or other material), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to Rogue Animal Books or licensed to the Rogue Animal Books by third parties. For all content other than your content, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software or services obtained from or through the website. Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the services or content for any commercial purpose, outside the scope of those commercial purposes explicitly permitted under this agreement and related guidelines as made available by Rogue Animal Books;
- Access, monitor, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, copy or otherwise exploit any Content of the Services, including but not limited to, using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose not in accordance with this Agreement or without our express written permission;
- Violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Services or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Services;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Deep-link to any portion of the Services for any purpose without our express written permission;
- “Frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of the services into any other websites or service without our prior written authorization;
- Attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by Rogue Animal Books in connection with the services;
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content; or
- Download any Content unless it’s expressly made available for download by Rogue Animal Books.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Rogue Animal Books will provide its services with reasonable skill and care but does not give any guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any other person’s services.
Because of the nature of the Internet Rogue Animal Books provides and maintains the website on an “as is”, “as available” basis and makes no promise that use of the website will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
Our website may from time to time contain links to other web sites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You will be responsible for any breach of these terms by you and if you use The Website in breach of these terms you will be liable to and will reimburse Rogue Animal Books for any loss or damage caused as a result.
Rogue Animal Books will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer which are available to you.
Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Rogue Animal Books excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to Rogue Animal Books and Rogue Animal Books shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate information on Rogue Animal Books;
- The infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of The Website or any product or service purchased through the website;
- Any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use the web site or resulting from unauthorized access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control;
- Any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong;
- Any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing or using content from The Website, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from Rogue Animal Books.
- All representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
Rogue Animal Books and Third Parties
Rogue Animal Books contains content of third-party licensors to Rogue Animal Books, which is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. Rogue Animal Books owns and retains all rights, title and interest in the content. Rogue Animal Books hereby grants to you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to stream and/or view the content and any third party content located on or available through Rogue Animal Books or Service (excluding any software code therein as set forth above) solely for your personal, non-commercial use in connection with viewing Rogue Animal Books and using the Service.
Any dealings with third parties included within or on Rogue Animal Books involving the delivery of and payment for goods and services, or any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such third parties, are solely between you and that third party. Rogue Animal Books is neither responsible nor liable for any part of such dealings or promotions. Any reference to any third party or the products or services of any third party on Rogue Animal Books does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of such third party or the product or services of such third party by Rogue Animal Books or any of its employees, officers, independent contractors, agents or other representatives. Any reference to any third party on Rogue Animal Books is provided to you for informational purposes only. Rogue Animal Books encourages you to conduct your own research and due diligence regarding such third parties and their products and services. While Rogue Animal Books works to ensure the information on Rogue Animal Books is current and accurate.
The services and the website may not be used in connection with any commercial purposes, except as specifically approved by Rogue Animal Books. Unauthorized framing of or linking to any of Rogue Animal Books is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of content without notice and may result in termination of usership privileges.
You understand that Rogue Animal Books and software embodied within Rogue Animal Books may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Rogue Animal Books and/or content providers who provide content to Rogue Animal Books platform. You may not attempt to override, disable, circumvent or otherwise interfere with any such security components and usage rules embedded into Rogue Animal Books.
No responsibility will be accepted by Rogue Animal Books for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorized human act, including any errors or mistakes.
You agree to defend and indemnify Rogue Animal Books from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of:
- Your breach of this agreement or the documents referenced herein.
- Your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Rogue Animal Books website.
Changes and Termination?
We may change the website and these terms at any time, in our sole discretion and without notice to you. You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable about these terms. Your continued use of the site constitutes your acceptance of any changes to these Terms and any changes will supersede all previous versions of the terms.
Unless otherwise specified herein, all changes to these Terms apply to all users take effect. Furthermore, we may terminate this agreement with you under these Terms at any time by notifying you in writing (including by email) or without any warning.
This agreement and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Rogue Animal Books without restriction.
You agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Rogue Animal Books website, will be settled by binding arbitration between you and Rogue Animal Books, except that each party retains the right to bring an individual action in small claims court and the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights. You acknowledge and agree that you and Rogue Animal Books are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class in any purported class action or representative proceeding. Further, unless both you and Rogue Animal Books otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding.
Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. These terms set forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter therein.
These Terms are governed by the UK law. Use of our website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including, without limitation, this paragraph.
Our performance of these Terms is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in these Terms limits our right to comply with law enforcement or other governmental or legal requests or requirements relating to your use of our Platform or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use.
If any part of these Terms is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not in any way be affected or impaired. Our failure or delay in enforcing any provision of these Terms at any time does not waive our right to enforce the same or any other provision(s) hereof in the future.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
If you have questions or concerns about these terms please contact us at Rogueanimalsubmissions@hotmail.com